There has been news and rumors that Nokia would be returning to the smartphone scene, but after what seems like an eternity of waiting, things have finally been made official. HMD Global, the Finnish company that was founded to develop smartphones under the Nokia brand has announced a new phone, the Nokia 6 will be released early this year. On paper, it’s going to be a higher end midranger, sporting a 5.5 inch Full HD screen with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC, 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
It’s also a bit of a looker. It still appears to have inherited some of the design cues of Nokia’s Lumia series of Windows smartphones. However, the frame of the Nokia 6 will be milled from a single block of 6000 series aluminum while the screen will have 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass toward the near-bezelless edges.
There are a few other sweet features that help differentiate the Nokia 6 from your run-of-the-mill midranger. Its 16mp rear camera is enhanced with phase detection autofocus and f/2.0 aperture while the selfie camera is an 8mp shooter. There’s a good chance it will be an above average multimedia device as well thanks to dual speakers and Dolby Atmos for mobile.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like we’re going to see the Nokia 6 any time soon as it’s headed straight to China via online retailer JD.com. Its CNY 1,699 price tag (about Php12.2k) is reasonable for a brand like Nokia, but you’ll need to rely on our gray market seller if you want to have any chance at getting it soon after it officially rolls out in China.
Nokia 6 Specs
- 5.5″ Full HD hybrid in-cell display (1080 x 1920 resolution, 401ppi) with curved 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 SoC
- 8 x 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16mp rear camera with phase detection autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, dual LED flash
- 8mp front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Up to LTE Category 4, dual SIM
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000mAh battery, Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0
- Price: CNY 1,699 (about Php12.2k as of writing)
[Via: The Verge]