UPDATE: The Titan TV is getting its own update on the same date too!
At an SRP of Php6,499, the Cherry Mobile Titan quickly became quickly became one of the hottest selling locally-branded Android smartphones ever. While the specs were hardly groundbreaking, it was the combination of a large screen and mid-range specs at a low-end price point that easily made it a compelling buy among notoriously price-sensitive Pinoys. Well, if you already own one or are looking for another reason to pick it up over any other options you might have, Cherry Mobile has announced that Titan users can have their units upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1 on April 15.
However unlike the typical OTA updates that we’re used to, you’re going to have to visit a service center if you want that Cherry Mobile Titan Jelly Bean update. No exact news yet, but based on how they released the software update for the Flare, Cherry Mobile might make the update available for download shortly after. For now, you’ll have to brave the long lines at a Cherry Mobile service center to get all the improvements that Jelly Bean can offer over ICS.
Cherry Mobile Titan Specs
- CPU: 1GHz Dual Core MediaTek MT6577
- GPU: PowerVR SGX531
- Camera: 5 MP (Main), VGA (Front)
- Dual SIM standby functionality
- Screen Type: 5″ Capacitive Screen at 800 x 480 resolution
- Navigation Key: Touchscreen
- Dimensions: 143 mm x 77.4 mm x 10.5 mm
- ROM: 4GB
- RAM: 512MB
- Slot: Up to 32GB microSD
- 3G/HSDPA Connectivity
- Data Connectivity: Bluetooth, microUSB, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi, GPS
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, E-mail, Instant Messaging
- Platform/OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Upgradeable to Jelly Bean 4.1
- Color: Black
- Price: Php6,499