The original Flare X eventually became one of the most popular budget smartphones of 2015, getting a few hardware updates as some components became difficult to source. Of course, it’s about time that it got a real refresh, so I’m sure the official announcement of the Cherry Mobile Flare X2 caught a lot of attention, especially among fans of its predecessor. The new Flare X2 is still a 5.5 incher with Full HD resolution, but it comes with a few upgrades that should give you good reason to part with your hard-earned Php7,999.
For one thing, it comes with a whopping 4GB of RAM, making it one of the first few local smartphones such as the Cherry Mobile M1 and Cloudfone Next to break this barrier. You’re also getting 32GB of internal storage, which can be expanded via microSD up to 64GB, not to mention 4G/LTE and a 16mp/8mp camera setup.
The Flare X2 runs Marshmallow 6.0 out of the box and is powered by a 3,000mAh battery.
Cherry Mobile Flare X2 Specs
- 5.5″ Full HD IPS display (1080 x 1920 resolution, 401ppi)
- 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937 octa-core processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 16mp PDAF rear-facing camera with LED flash
- 8mp front camera
- 4G/LTE (B1, B3, and B41 bands), dual SIM (1x micro, 1x nano)
- WiFi b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS
- Fingerprint sensor
- Price: Php7,999