If you’re looking for a compact, inexpensive tablet for on-the-go content consumption the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite. Whether you’re studying remotely, connecting through social media, or simply enjoying the newest trending series, the Galaxy Tab A7 Lite packs an 8.7 inch screen, slim bezels, and a durable metal cover to make it an ideal device to do all of this from. Not only that, it’s only going to retail for Php9,490 when it launches in the Philippines starting June 18!
So what will you be getting for the money? The main highlights are an 8.7 inch screen, up to 4GB/64GB RAM storage options, and finally an octa-core processor to do the heavy lifting when it comes to running apps or playing games.
Some downsides to look out for though are the relatively low resolution (1340×800) compared to similarly budget options out there. And if you’re looking to get the most affordable variant, the 3GB/32GB RAM leaves a bit to be desired.
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Specs|
|Display||8.7-inch* 1340×800 (WXGA+) TFT
* Measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners.
|Dimension||212.5 x 124.7 x 8.0mm|
|Camera||[Rear] 8MP AF
|Memory*||3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage /
4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage
microSD** up to 1TB
* Storage availability may differ by country, model, color, or carrier. Actual storage space availability may vary depending on pre-installed software and by country, model, file size and format.
** MicroSD card sold separately.
4×2.3GHz + 4×1.8GHz
|Battery*||5,100mAh (15W Adaptive Fast Charging support**)
* Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard.
** A charger for 15W is sold separately.
Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac),
Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth® v5.0
* Availability of LTE model varies by country and carrier.
* Product color availability may vary depending on country, region, and carrier.
|Connectors||Type C USB 2.0, 3.5mm Ear jack|
|Sensors||Accelerometer, Compass, Light sensor|
|GPS||GPS+GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo|
|Audio||Dual Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos®|
|Video||Recording : FHD (1920×1080) @ 30fps
Playback : FHD (1920×1080) @ 30fps
|Accessories*||Book Cover, Clear Cover
*Accessories are available to purchase separately.
So what do you guys think? Is the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite the budget tablet for you? Or are its shortcomings too many for you to consider? Let me know in the comments!