Dual cameras seem to be the rage with smartphones these days, but the Vivo V5 Plus is taking it further. Rather than giving its rear camera the dual setup, it’s the selfie camera that’s getting it. Better yet is it’s going to be launched in the Philippines – selfie capital of the world – on January 21!
So you’re getting a 20mp shooter in front using Sony’s IMX376 sensor paired with another 8mp camera to capture depth information. This results in achieving the depth-of-field effect that DSLRs and mirrorless cameras are known for.
The phone itself isn’t too shabby either. It features a large 5.5 inch Full HD display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 and is driven by a Snapdragon 625 SoC with an octa-core processor clocked at 2GHz. 4GB of RAM makes it a capable multitasker while 64GB of internal storage will help accommodate your entire media library without breaking a sweat.
With the Vivo V5 Plus specs already having been revealed, the only thing left to be known is local pricing. Unfortunately, we’ll have to wait for the official launch this Saturday. Hopefully, pricing will be competitive as this looks to be a super sweet phone for a selfie-obsessed market.
Vivo V5 Plus Specs
- 5.5″ Full HD IPS display (1080 x 1920 resolution, 401ppi) with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 MSM8953
- 8 x 2GHz Cortex-A53 processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow, Funtouch OS UI
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via micro SD (up to 256GB, uses SIM 2 slot)
- 16mp rear-facing camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash
- 20mp + 8mp front-facing camera
- 4G/LTE, dual SIM
- GPS with A-GPS
- 3,160mAh battery
- Price: TBA