With more and more people wanting better selfies, it makes sense for one of the larger smartphone manufacturers out of China to go along with the trend. Their recently announced Gionee S6s joins a growing group of selfie-oriented smartphones, packing an 8mp front camera with f/2.2 aperture and a front-facing LED flash. The rear camera isn’t bad either, packing a 13mp IMX258 sensor courtesy of Sony.
The rest of the smartphone is decent but pretty ho-hum. You’re getting a 5.5 inch Full HD screen, an MT6753 octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage. You won’t be lacking in terms of connectivity options either, with support for up to 4G/LTE connectivity, as well as WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. The Gionee S6s runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with 3,150mah of juice to power it.
For now, the Gionee S6s has only been announced for the Indian market with a price tag of INR17,999 (Php12,480). No news if Gionee Philippines has any plans of bringing it here yet, but since they do have a presence, there’s a good chance we might get to see it on local retailer shelves.
Gionee S6s Specs
- 5.5″ Full HD IPS display (1080 x 1920 resolution, 401ppi)
- 1.3GHz MediaTek MT6753 octa-core processor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13mp autofocus rear-facing camera with Sony IMX258 sensor and LED flash
- 8mp front camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- 4G/LTE, dual SIM (hybrid SIM slot)
- GPS with A-GPS
- 3,150mAh battery
- Fingerprint sensor
- Price: INR 17,999 (roughly Php12,480)