Meizu has been rumored to be in the works with an Exynos-powered smartphone for some time now. Those rumors have now been put to rest with the announcement of the Meizu Pro 5, a 5.7 inch Full HD smartphone powered by Samsung’s Exynos 7420 processor. It’s the same processor used in Samsung’s own Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus. The Meizu Pro 5 also happens to be the first non-Samsung phone to be powered by the Exynos 7420.
As powerful as the Exynos 7420 is, it’s not the only reason you should get the Meizu Pro 5. It comes equipped with a Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, giving it one of the best screens you can get on a smartphone. You also get a choice between a 3GB/32GB or 4GB/64GB RAM/ROM configuration. Other notable specs include a 21mp autofocus camera on the back, which is powered by a Sony IMX230 sensor, to go along with a 5mp front camera for selfies. It also comes with a 3,050mAh battery and a USB Type-C port.
The Meizu Pro 5 will be priced at 2,799 yuan (roughly Php20.5k) for the 32GB model and 4,098 yuan (roughly Php22.8k) for the 64GB model. No news yet when we’ll get it here locally or what local pricing might be, but Novo7 Tech is known to import it for local resale so it may be best to follow their page for updates.
Meizu Pro 5 Specs
- 5.7″ Full HD Super AMOLED display (1080 x 1920 resolution, 386ppi)
- 64-bit 2.1GHz Samsung Exynos 7420 octa-core processor
- Mali 760 GPU
- 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB RAM/ROM configurations
- 21mp autofocus rear-facing camera with dual tone LED flash and IMX230 sensor
- 5mp front sensor
- 3,050mAh battery
- fingerprint sensor
- Price: 2,799 yuan (roughly Php20.5k) for the 32GB model and 4,098 yuan (roughly Php22.8k) for the 64GB model